Fraud Investigations - Cons, Swindles and Scam Investigated.
What Is Fraud?
Fraud is defined as a deception deliberately practiced to secure unfair or unlawful gain. It has also been defined as the intentional misrepresentation of truth for the purpose of obtaining something of value by inducing another to rely upon false information.
Regardless of definition, the key elements of fraud are these: intent, the misrepresentation or untruth, reliance on misrepresentation or untruth, and something of value obtained as a result.
To the average person, the definition of fraud is confusing by itself. Not only is fraud a complex and confusing crime, but also very difficult to prove. IBRC Investigators have years of law enforcement experience dealing in fraud investigations. We have investigated and submitted for prosecutions fraud cases involving losses that vary from several thousand dollars to several million dollars. If we can be of assistance to you, please contact us for a free consultation.
The following is a list of the types of fraud that presently operate not only in the United States, but worldwide:
- Stolen/Counterfeit Checks
- NSF Checks
- Stolen Counterfeit Credit Cards/ATM Cards/Skimming/Scanning
- Check Kiting
- False Credit Loan Applications
- Bank Fraud
- Investment Fraud
- Real Estate Fraud
- Elder Abuse Fraud
- Welfare Fraud
- "Online" Internet Fraud
- Pyramid Schemes
- Ponzi Schemes
- Lottery Fraud
- Nigerian Fraud
- Jamaican Fraud
- Insurance Fraud
- Medicare Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Patent,Copyright,Licensing,Trademark Fraud
- Piracy (Video, DVD,CD's, Satellite Broadcast)
- Tax Fraud
- Telephone Fraud (Cell Phone and Land Line)
- Money Wire Transfers (Western Union, Postal Money Orders)
- Corporate Fraud
- Theft Of Trade Secrets/Intellectual Property
- Worker's Compensation Fraud
- Mail Theft
- Consumer Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Contractor Fraud
- Counterfeit Currency
- Fraudulent Charities/Raffles/Drawings
- Charity Bingo Gaming/Card Room-Casino Thefts
- Telemarketing Fraud
At any given moment there is a Scam Artist planning to add a new type of Fraud to this list.
Call Toll Free for More Information and a FREE Consultation!